By Bernard D'Espagnat
Qu'est-ce que l. a. réalité?
Le physicien Bernard d'Espagnat aborde ici l. a. query du "réel", défendant l'idée qu'il serait intellectuellement discutable de prétendre los angeles traiter sans tenir compte des leçons de los angeles body moderne. Il apporte l'éclairage de los angeles philosophie classique, et celui de los angeles technology contemporaine. Ce livre est donc une brillante initiation aux problématiques de los angeles body, technological know-how qui entre toutes a connu récemment les plus grands bouleversements.
"Alors que j'étais étudiant à l'École centrale, un ami m'offrit À l. a. recherche du réel, qui venait de paraître. Je le dévorais aussitôt en annotant chacune de ses pages." Etienne Klein.
Read or Download A la recherche du réel PDF
Best quantum physics books
Smorodinsky. Concise graduate-level creation to key features of nuclear thought: nuclear forces, nuclear constitution, nuclear reactions, pi-mesons, interactions of pi-mesons with nucleons, extra. according to landmark sequence of lectures through famous Russian physicist. ". .. a true jewel of an common creation into the most ideas of nuclear concept.
Following Witten's extraordinary discovery of the quantum mechanical scheme during which the entire salient gains of supersymmetry are embedded, SCQM (supersymmetric classical and quantum mechanics) has develop into a separate region of study . in recent times, growth during this box has been dramatic and the literature maintains to develop.
- Quantum Dynamics in Low-temperature Chemistry
- Complements de mecanique quantique
- Quantum mechanics: problem sets
- On the redshift of spectral lines through interstellar space
- Strings, branes and gravity: Lecture notes of TASI 1999
Additional resources for A la recherche du réel
Pushed to its extreme, the Copenhagen interpretation leads to a "shut up and calculate" attitude; this is of course harmless if one is merely concerned with applications, but it leads to severe epistemological problems. As Bohm and Hileynote in their book , the Copenhagen interpretation gives an algorithm for computing probabilities of experimental results, but it gives no account of the individual quantum processes. To put it in more philosophical terms, it may be said that quantum mechanics is primarily directed towards epistemology.
2. 1 Maxwell's Principle and the Lagrange Form We begin by expressing Newton's second law in terms of vector fields, and briefly discussing the form of the fundamental force fields of mechanics. We then state the Maxwell principle, and justify it on a few examples. ) in his study of celestial mechanics Memoire de la premiere Classe de I'Institut pour 1808. Lagrange's original form actually corresponds to the case of a scalar potential (the equations of electromagnetism were written down by Maxwell only in 1876), while we consider here the more general case of an arbitrary gauge.
24) relating the frequency of a photon to its energy, and the energy of a material particle to its mass m = m o / \ / l — (v/c)2. De Broglie equated the right hand sides of these two equations to obtain the formula v=— (1-25) giving the frequency of the internal vibration in terms of Planck's constant and of the relativistic energy of the particle. 24) is about light quanta, and the second about the energy of matter! ) One year later, de Broglie took one step further and postulated the existence of a wave associated with the particle, and whose wavelength was given by the simple formula A=-.